Lürssen clarifies on Drydocks World talks
Hamburg, September 13, 2012
Lürssen Werft has clarified that it has not entered into any agreement with Drydocks World in Dubai.
The clarification follows a recent press release from Drydocks World.
Lürssen said it is surprised by the press release and the content. “Contrary to the announcement of Drydocks World, there has only been a friendly conversation, at the request of Drydocks World, of a very general nature during the recent SMM exhibition in Hamburg last week,” it said in a statement.
“Lürssen has no plans to cooperate in general with Drydocks World in Dubai for the repair and maintenance of navy ships or yachts and no agreement relating to such work has been reached or agreed. Lürssen has no intention to form a joint setup with Drydocks World in the Dubai Maritime City facility,” it said.
“In the conversation held, it was only stated that in the event that a client expresses the special wish to have his yacht repaired at Drydocks World, then the parties would discuss this specific project at the appropriate time,” the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad