Dubal takes five awards at Ideas.America
Dubai, September 24, 2012
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), the state-owned aluminium smelter, has scooped five awards at the Ideas.America 2012 competition, held recently in Mesa, Arizona, US.
Three of the awards presented to Dubal recognised innovative employee suggestions, namely:
• “Elimination of material leakage using air sealing”, submitted by J Evasco and F Boyles from Potroom Maintenance, which won the Gold award in the Green Idea of the Year category;
• “Access window for gas turbine rotor balancing weight installation”, submitted by A Avorque, R Jocson, R Tamayo and S Hussain, which won the Gold award in the Team Idea of the Year category; and
• Team Idea of the Year (Bronze) – “CD20 superstructure lifting bail transportation trailer”, submitted by E Sabio, Q Ahmed and K Hussain, which won the Bronze award in the Team Idea of the Year category.
The other two awards presented to Dubal were in the Ideas.America Statistical Awards category, whereby the performance of a company’s employee involvement programme is evaluated in various areas. By definition, these statistics allow companies to compare their programmes’ performance against other companies’ programmes. This year, Dubal won the SEER Performance Excellence Gold Award for 100 per cent employee participation; and the SEER Performance Excellence Silver Award for 100 suggestions per 100 employees.
Dubal has won a total of 22 Ideas.America awards since first entering the contest in 2006.
Expressing his delight at the company’s achievements at Ideas.America 2012, Dubal president and CEO Abdulla Kalban said: "This international acknowledgement could not have been possible without the technical expertise and the commitment of our employees; as well as their creativity, which has enhanced our processes significantly. We are very proud of our employees, whose ideas for continuous improvement play a key role in DUBAL's on-going success story.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture