Asry wins top safety award
Manama, October 24, 2012
Bahrain-based Arabian Ship Repair Yard (Asry) has won the safety award at the recent Lloyds List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent (MEIS) Awards, a major honour in the region's shipping industry.
Asry, whose recent safety credentials and innovations such as the ship repair safety passport were factors in its victory, was also nominated in the categories of 'Shipyard of the Year', 'Innovation' and 'Corporate Social Responsibility'.
Asry chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa received the award at a gala dinner held in the UAE. The Lloyds List MEIS Awards are presented to the best performers from the region in the key areas of shipping, port operations, as well as shipping service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn