TNT Oman moves 9.5T shipment to Sweden
Muscat, October 31, 2012
TNT Express in Oman, a leading express delivery company, recently completed the movement of six heavy duty transformers weighing in at some 9.5 tons to and from Sweden where they had been sent for repair.
The contract was awarded to TNT Express by ABB, one of the company’s Corporate Account customers.
Sivdasan Payangool, country manager for TNT Express in Oman, said: “TNT Express in Oman successfully arranged the transportation and clearing through border customs of 6 non stackable heavy duty transformers. ABB decided to opt for TNT’s transport solution for this special and challenging demand that reflects a strong trust in our industry expertise.”
Habib Babar, ABB logistics manager, said: "We approached TNT at a critical time as we urgently needed to send out the non stackable heavy duty transformers to Sweden for repair. TNT Express in Oman offered the appropriate solution for our demand and moved swiftly the goods using their global network.”
Oman is a part of the TNT Express Middle East Road Network (MERN) which seamlessly connects to the company’s intercontinental Boeing 777 freighter link via Dubai.
James Edgeworth, marketing director - Middle East, said: “TNT Express in the region can offer bespoke solutions to move awkward and heavy freight by road and air to over 200 countries. Whether it’s a document, parcel, or in this case 9.5 tons of transformers our dedicated teams will always look to provide a solution.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour