Japan team studies Oman opportunities
Muscat, November 13, 2012
Oman’s Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (PEIE) yesterday (November 12) hosted a high-profile delegation from Japan Cooperation Centre for the Middle East (JCCME).
The team is currently on a visit to the Sultanate to be acquainted with the investment opportunities in various fields.
The delegation comprised Iwane Iwata, deputy managing director, and Takashi Oya, investment advisor. They were briefed about PEIE and the industrial estates pertaining to the organisation, besides the facilities offered to local and foreign investors.
The Japanese delegation was received by Eng. Musallam Al Shehri, assistant chief executive officer of the PEIE for Operations, who highlighted the role of PEIE in attracting industrial investments and providing continued support, through regionally and globally competitive strategies, high-quality infrastructure, and value-adding services.
They were also introduced to the main services and facilities offered by the Knowledge Oasis Muscat (KOM), the Sultanate's lone IT Park, for the companies operating in the information technology sector and the educational institutions functioning within KOM.
The Japanese delegates expressed their admiration for the impressive investment climate in the Sultanate. "We shall convey our views to the companies in Japan to look into ways to boost relations with Oman through investments," said Iwata. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV