Alba upgrade to improve productivity
Manama, November 28, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently upgraded its potline through deployment of advanced smelting technology leading to increased productivity.
The upgrade was made possible with the successful installation of the first 1600 mm long anode in Pot Line 5.
Alba’s production process will receive further boost with additional modifications from the reduction side on anode reference gauges, PTA shovel size, simulations on start-up pots, studies on wench motors, etc.
Alba's chief operations officer, Isa Al-Ansari said: "Alba as a company has always prided itself on being at the forefront of promoting clean technology, reinforcing green initiatives in production, and also ensuring that goals for reducing emissions and energy consumption are articulated with clear action plans.”
“The new installation of the first 1600 mm long anode is a step in the right direction and will pave the way to upgrade Pot line 5 from AP30 to AP36 technology.
“The support of the Carbon and Reduction team was crucial and I like to thank them for their hard work. As a result of this upgrade, we will soon increase the current in Pot Line 5, which will push production to new benchmarks and contribute towards Alba’s expansion,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai