Alba upgrade to improve productivity
Manama, November 28, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently upgraded its potline through deployment of advanced smelting technology leading to increased productivity.
The upgrade was made possible with the successful installation of the first 1600 mm long anode in Pot Line 5.
Alba’s production process will receive further boost with additional modifications from the reduction side on anode reference gauges, PTA shovel size, simulations on start-up pots, studies on wench motors, etc.
Alba's chief operations officer, Isa Al-Ansari said: "Alba as a company has always prided itself on being at the forefront of promoting clean technology, reinforcing green initiatives in production, and also ensuring that goals for reducing emissions and energy consumption are articulated with clear action plans.”
“The new installation of the first 1600 mm long anode is a step in the right direction and will pave the way to upgrade Pot line 5 from AP30 to AP36 technology.
“The support of the Carbon and Reduction team was crucial and I like to thank them for their hard work. As a result of this upgrade, we will soon increase the current in Pot Line 5, which will push production to new benchmarks and contribute towards Alba’s expansion,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects