GAC Bahrain wins IMS certification
Manama, November 28, 2012
GAC Bahrain said it has become the first shipping and logistics company in the Kingdom to receive the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification which covers the provision of logistics and shipping services.
The certification which includes ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System), confirms that the company meets the highest standards in logistics management demanded by customers, including those in the oil and gas industry.
GAC Bahrain’s managing director Mikael Leijonberg received the certificate from Samir Ahmed, Bureau Veritas’s certification manager at a special ceremony held in the company’s office in Manama.
GAC Bahrain has been involved in major infrastructural projects since its establishment in 1957 and is now one of the country’s largest shipping and forwarding agencies, said Leijonberg.
The GAC Logistics Centre in Muharraq is considered the first of its kind in Bahrain, offering multi-modal options – road, sea, and air – under one roof. -TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office