Alba on track to exceed 2011 production
Manama, December 5, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) remains on target to exceed the 2011 production of 881,310 metric tonnes while at the same time focusing on future growth strategies, said the company’s chairman.
Mahmood Hashim Al Kooheji also announced the launch of Line 6 bankable feasibility study, which will play a major role in Alba’s growth, at the last quarterly Board meeting for the year held today (December 5) at the Kempinski Grand & Ixir Hotel in Bahrain.
Line 6 expansion project is expected to add an additional capacity of 400,000 metric tonnes bringing Alba’s total production to 1.3 million metric tonnes per annum.
“2012 has been a volatile year for the aluminium industry however even in the face of tough market conditions Alba has remained resilient by bolstering its operational performance,” Al Kooheji said.
The Board gave its approval to the 2013 annual operating plan, the 2013 capital expenditure plans, the 2012 corporate governance report, and the third quarter 2012 financial statements.
The Board reviewed overall company performance as well as updates from the Board Audit, Human Resource and Board Strategic Committees.
The Board undertook a self-performance evaluation during the meeting. The individual directors made a complete declaration as per the guidelines outlined in the corporate governance code. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan