Suez Canal Nov revenue dips 8pc
Cairo, December 9, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal fell 8 percent to $407.7 million in November compared to the previous month, the canal's official website said on Sunday.
Revenue in October was $443.1 million. In November 2011 it was $435.5 million.
The waterway is one of the country's main sources of foreign currency, alongside tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services