An artists's impression of the marina
Durrat Marina launches new yacht club
Manama, December 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, yesterday announced the formation of its wholly-owned subsidiary, the Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club sits at the very heart of the Durrat Marina project, anchoring it with close to 200,000 sq m of marina facilities and creating a vibrant marina environment, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company is tasked with the development and management of the project's marina and associated services.
Durrat Marina chief executive Waleed Saffy also announced the appointment of Captain Omar Ardati as general manager of the newly-formed Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club, on completion, will feature a host of five-star facilities including a swimming pool, men and women's gyms, retail shops, cafes and restaurants, he said.
There will also be a range of aquatic activities such as sailing, parasailing, jet skiing, kayaking and scuba diving, amongst others, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export