Alba receives top GAC award
Manama, January 8, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) recently received the Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC)’s maiden Health & Safety and Environmental Awards during the 16th Arab International Aluminium Conference (Arabal 2012) held in Qatar.
A committee consisting of senior officials from GAC, the International Aluminium Institute and Ma’aden reviewed proposals submitted for the awards, a statement from the company said.
Tim Murray, CEO, Alba, said: “It is always a pleasure to be recognised for the work we do in ensuring workplace safety, commitment to occupational health and adherence to environmental regulations. These measures have been taken not only to comply with best industry practise but more importantly to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and that the plant emits a positive impact for the wider community in Bahrain.”
The GAC awards were established to recognise excellence and leadership in health & safety and environmental management and acknowledge the contribution made by companies. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services