Kuwait suspends port operations due to fog
Kuwait, January 21, 2013
Kuwait's port authority suspended maritime operations at ports due to heavy fog, the state news agency reported on Monday.
"The entry and exit of ships was partially suspended for safety reasons," Captain Moussa Behbehani, director of Shuwaikh Port, told KUNA in a statement.
Opec member Kuwait's crude oil production capacity stands at around 3.1 million-3.2 million barrels per day (bpd). -Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export