Kuwait suspends port operations due to fog
Kuwait, January 21, 2013
Kuwait's port authority suspended maritime operations at ports due to heavy fog, the state news agency reported on Monday.
"The entry and exit of ships was partially suspended for safety reasons," Captain Moussa Behbehani, director of Shuwaikh Port, told KUNA in a statement.
Opec member Kuwait's crude oil production capacity stands at around 3.1 million-3.2 million barrels per day (bpd). -Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants