Bahrain attracts global investments worth $1.4bn
Manama, February 4, 2013
Bahrain's industrial sector registered a massive growth in 2012, with the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP) attracting 88 projects worth BD565 million ($1.46 billion), a report said.
These new schemes cover 1.5 million sq m, which represents 80 per cent of the overall BIIP industrial plots, said the report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The updated figures were released as HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
According to a survey submitted by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro, the industrial zone attracted projects worth BD486 million in 2011.
The ministry issued 125 licences last year, granting initial approval for projects worth BD52.3m, covering the aluminium, engineering, petrochemicals, plastics, food and pharmaceutical sectors.
According to the survey, 57 per cent of licensed projects, worth BD26.5 million, have already become operational. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai