GAC Bahrain wins key certification
Manama, February 19, 2013
Leading shipping and logistics company GAC said its Bahrain unit has become the latest company to get certification by Trace International for its commitment to ethical business practices.
Trace International is a non-profit membership association that offers practical and cost-effective anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance solutions for multinational companies.
To gain certification, GAC Bahrain underwent a series of extensive evaluations throughout 2012, including a due diligence review.
The key certification comes after GAC recently became the first shipping and logistics company in Bahrain to receive the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification signifying its high standards of logistics management for a variety of sectors, including the oil and gas industry.
GAC Bahrain has also won the Occupational Safety and Health Administration OSHA certification.
“Together, these certifications represent a clear recognition of our firm commitment to the highest industry standards in everything we do,” remarked the managing director Mikael Leijonberg.
Headquartered in Dubai, GAC employs over 9,000 people in more than 300 offices worldwide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai