Alba takes part in the Euromoney Conference
Manama, March 6, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) is taking part in the two-day Euromoney Bahrain Conference, which has brought together some of the key discussion makers from both the private and public sector.
The conference is being organised by Euromoney in partnership with the Economic Development Board Bahrain at The Ritz Carlton Bahrain.
The summit examined issues related to the wealth management and private banking industry, Bahrain’s macroeconomic strategy and public finances, the development of the financial sector, the financing of the country’s infrastructure needs and the progress of the capital markets.
Alba’s chief executive, Tim Murray was part of a panel discussion on ‘financing infrastructure in Bahrain’ during which he and the other members of the panel talked about Bahrain’s infrastructure needs and financing of new projects.
“Alba’s spectacular growth from a regional pioneer to one of the world’s leading aluminium producers in the space of just forty years has really been a success story for Bahrain,” said Murray.
“The visionary outlook that has provided the backbone to some of the forward thinking economic policies of the government has allowed the mushrooming of many industries. Alba has certainly benefited from these policies that have given us greater incentive for structural growth, expansion programmes and in broadening the reach of our products and services across diverse territories.”
Alba also had a stand at the exhibition held at the sidelines of the two-day conference. The stand showcased Alba’s product portfolio, and also offered information on Alba’s environmental commitment, safety policies, adherence to quality, corporate social responsibility initiatives and contribution to Bahrain’s economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu