DMC signs yacht manufacturing lease deal
Dubai, March 13, 2013
Dubai Maritime City (DMC), a hitech facility providing maritime services, has signed a yacht manufacturing workshop lease agreement with Vitmar Yachts, a custom-made luxury motor yachts manufacturer, for property within its’ Marine District.
"We are delighted to have reached this agreement with Vitmar as this would provide an impetus to our focus on catapulting the region on to the global yacht building map," said Drydocks World chairman Khamis Juma Buamim after signing the deal with Vitmar president Sheikh Tariq Al Khalifa.
The region can be a cost effective alternative to the European locations as we have the skill and the technical capability to build super-yachts, which can compete with the best in the world,” noted Buamim.
Vitmar Yachts is a new brand founded by Sheikh Tariq and Antonio Amatuzzo, who is the company CEO, with the co-operation of well-known Italian designers and craft makers.
As per the deal, the yachts will be assembled at their workshop in Dubai Maritime City. Vitmar will produce yachts ranging from 35 to 72 meters in length, said Buamim.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects