Dubal sponsors gas turbine conference
Dubai, April 4, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), a leading smelter, is sponsoring the upcoming 2013 Gas Turbine Users International (GTUI) annual conference in Dubai.
The event takes place at The Meydan from April 6 to 11, and will feature general sessions hosted by the GTUI committee as well as round table discussions and conference-type sessions featuring original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
A non-profit corporation, the USA-based GTUI is dedicated to promoting the exchange of technical and other non-commercial information between gas turbine users and OEMs, with the aim of improving the safe and reliable operation of gas turbines for the benefit of both the public and gas turbine users.
“As the world’s largest single-site primary aluminium smelter using pre-baked anode technology, Dubal has an obligation towards all its stakeholders to operate responsibly,” said Tayeb Al Awadhi, vice president: Power & Desalination, Dubal.
“This is expressed through our vision, which is ‘to be one of the best companies in the global primary aluminium industry in production, markets, people and results by 2020’; and interpreted through many platforms – including corporate support for value-adding allied industry platforms such as GTUI,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn