PolyOne opens specialty colorant unit in Saudi
Jeddah, April 10, 2013
PolyOne Corporation, a global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, joined its Saudi venture partner EA Juffali & Brothers Limited, to open their production facility in Jeddah.
Juffali PolyOne Masterbatch Company is aimed atl helping customers in the Middle East innovate and grow via local access to world-class specialty polymer colorants.
Speaking at the launch, Stephen D. Newlin, the chairman, president and CEO of PolyOne Corp, said, "The official opening of our new production facility in Jeddah solidifies our ability to bring enhanced value and improved collaboration for our customers. This is yet another great example of our 'invest to grow' strategy, which has proven to add value for our customers, shareholders and associates."
The launch is a logical extension of nearly 30 years of co-operation between the two companies, which became even stronger in October of 2011, when PolyOne and Juffali announced formation of the Juffali PolyOne Masterbatch joint venture.
Juffali brings its local expertise in the region to the venture, and PolyOne provides its formulation technology and material science.
"My company has a respected history in the region, and we are happy to have taken this important next step in our long and successful cooperation with PolyOne," remarked Walid Juffali, the chairman of EA Juffali & Brothers.
"Launching this new facility is a tremendous accomplishment, and our customers in the region will benefit greatly from our efforts. The new facility is focused on the production of specialty colour concentrates and has the potential for expansion into other product lines in future phases," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures