Experts discuss Aluminium industry challenges
Manama, April 25, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) hosted a high-level gathering of leading players from the aluminium industry at the Gulf Aluminium Dinner at the Bahrain National Theatre.
Alba chairman Mahmood Al Kooheji addressed The Gulf Aluminium Dinner, which is held in different member countries each year and provides an ideal platform for discussing opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
The event was organised by the Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC).
The invitees - comprising key decision-makers from aluminium-producing companies, technology providers, power generation manufacturers, traders and aluminium users from across the world - were also invited to the exclusive Alba lounge at the Bahrain International Circuit to experience the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
"It is a privilege to host the delegates of the Gulf Aluminium Dinner in Bahrain this year, and to provide them with a taste of true Bahraini hospitality during the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix," Al Kooheji said.
"The Middle East is widely regarded as an emerging centre for aluminium production as it is expected that the region will produce 15 per cent of global aluminium in the next five years.
"Hence, there's an opportunity to see how best we are able to capitalise on the potential, and to ensure that the results benefit each and every one of us," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export