Strategic Marine wins key vessels orders
Singapore, April 27, 2013
Strategic Marine, a leading specialist shipbuilder in Asia-Pacific, said it has delivered the Jati Five crew transfer vessel to Malaysian owner, Dinasti Jati Sdn Bhd.
The company also confirmed it has received an order for two further ships in the range, the Jati Six and Jati Eight.
The Jati Five, ordered last year and completed to one of Strategic Marine’s established in-house designs, was delivered at the company’s regional shipyard headquarters in Singapore. It is the third vessel Strategic has delivered to Dinasti Jati since 2009.
Ron Anderson, Strategic Marine’s executive director, said: "We are extremely pleased to deliver the Jati Five on time and to the precise requirements of our valued client, Dinasti Jati. We’re also delighted our long term associates at Dinasti have seen fit to order a further two ships in the Jati line."
The Jati Five’s aluminium superstructure was assembled at Strategic’s yard in Vietnam then shipped to Singapore for fittings and technical completion.
The 40-metre, 50dwt vessel is classed by ABS, can carry up to 58 passengers, and operates with a crew of 10. It features three Kummins KTA engines and can achieve speeds up to 25 knots. It bears +A1 HSC / +AMS notation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects