GPIC marks work safety milestone
Manama, May 24, 2013
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) celebrated achieving more than 15 million working hours free of work accidents among both its employees and contractors.
The event was held in the presence of deputy chairman Yousif bin Abdul Rahman Al Zamil, managing director Anwar Saeed Salamah, president Abdulrahman Jawahery, members of the executive management and company's workers' union.
These hours are equivalent to a total of 4,228 working days. This achievement had been accomplished through hard work and strict management policies adopted by the company, in addition to the application of international health and safety standards, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Al Zamil expressed delight over the achievement and said it showed GCC and Bahraini workers' efficiency and ability to fulfill the assigned tasks with commitment to international safety standards.
Salamah and Mr Jawahery lauded the achievement.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend