Mohamed Al Shamisi
New aluminium firm ‘key tenant for Kizad’
Abu Dhabi, June 3, 2013
Emirates Global Aluminium, the new entity created by a merger of Abu Dhabi state fund Mubadala and Investment Corporation of Dubai, is a key anchor tenant for Kizad Industrial Zone, a top official said.
“The site already includes a 2,000MW power plant, a carbon plant, flexible cast-house and the world’s biggest aluminum smelter,” added Mohamed Al Shamisi, acting CEO of Abu Dhabi Port Company (ADPC), a master developer of ports and industrial zones.
“A key factor in Emal’s (now Emirates Global Aluminium) decision to locate at Kizad was the dedicated purpose built wharf at Khalifa Port, which shortens the supply chain direct from sea to smelter.
“Emal currently exports high quality aluminium products to over 150 customers worldwide through Khalifa Port and is actively expanding in the markets it serves,” noted Al Shamisi.
“World Aluminium growth is forecast to increase by six per cent per annum over next decade and Khalifa Port and Kizad industrial zone offers the new entity Emirates Global Aluminium, outstanding access to those global markets.
“Together, Emirates Global Aluminium and ADPC will deliver the industrial and economic diversification that forms the central element of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV