Mohamed Al Shamisi
New aluminium firm ‘key tenant for Kizad’
Abu Dhabi, June 3, 2013
Emirates Global Aluminium, the new entity created by a merger of Abu Dhabi state fund Mubadala and Investment Corporation of Dubai, is a key anchor tenant for Kizad Industrial Zone, a top official said.
“The site already includes a 2,000MW power plant, a carbon plant, flexible cast-house and the world’s biggest aluminum smelter,” added Mohamed Al Shamisi, acting CEO of Abu Dhabi Port Company (ADPC), a master developer of ports and industrial zones.
“A key factor in Emal’s (now Emirates Global Aluminium) decision to locate at Kizad was the dedicated purpose built wharf at Khalifa Port, which shortens the supply chain direct from sea to smelter.
“Emal currently exports high quality aluminium products to over 150 customers worldwide through Khalifa Port and is actively expanding in the markets it serves,” noted Al Shamisi.
“World Aluminium growth is forecast to increase by six per cent per annum over next decade and Khalifa Port and Kizad industrial zone offers the new entity Emirates Global Aluminium, outstanding access to those global markets.
“Together, Emirates Global Aluminium and ADPC will deliver the industrial and economic diversification that forms the central element of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport