MV Tarsus, berthed at Mina Zayed
Agthia imports soya bean meal
Abu Dhabi, June 13, 2013
Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) and Agthia Group’s Agri Business Division, Grand Mills, have welcomed the first shipment of ‘soya bean meal’ into Abu Dhabi, through Mina Zayed.
The shipment of 11,000 tonnes of soya bean meal arrived on the vessel “MV Tarsus”. A total of 55,000 tonnes is scheduled for import on an annual basis.
Soya bean meal is the main raw component used in animal feed and will be processed on-site for distribution across the country.
Agthia is a leading local producer of flour and animal feed, mineral water, juices, tomato paste, frozen vegetable, dairy products, besides being a long-standing tenant of ADPC at Mina Zayed.
In support of the expansion plans of Grand Mills, ADPC has recently allotted an area of about 23,000 sq m in Mina Zayed.
It is estimated that by importing and discharging cargo directly at Mina Zayed, Grand Mills is expected to generate savings. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials
- Dow plans to sell chlorine operations
- Sabic opens $100m R&D centre in China