Siemens launches new controllers for automation
Doha, June 25, 2013
Siemens, a global leader in electrical engineering, has launched the next generation of controllers for medium to high-end machine and plant automation at a customer event in Doha.
The new high-performance Simatic S7-1500, which was being presented in Qatar for the first time, is aimed at general automation applications for industrial customers.
“Qatar is continuing to experience strong economic growth, with investments across an array of industrial sectors. This new controller range has a similarly broad range of possible applications, including those of particular focus within Qatar – such as the oil and gas industry, wastewater treatment and district cooling,” said Bernhard Fonseka, CEO of Siemens in Qatar.
Characteristic features of the new controllers include impressive system performance and a host of integrated standard functions, including Motion Control, failsafe automation and security measures.
The controllers are being launched on the market in stages. The initial portfolio will include the three CPU types 1511, 1513 and 1516 for the medium performance range, which will all be available as an F-version (failsafe) for safety applications.
Siemens has been active in Qatar since 1970 and has made a significant contribution to crucial infrastructure projects in the country, including the 1 Gigawatt Ras Laffan B independent water and power plant. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan