Barloworld opens new cold storage warehouse
Dubai, July 8, 2013
Barloworld Logistics, a leading provider of logistics and supply chain management solutions, has inaugurated a new cold storage warehouse inside the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
With the industrial sector now contributing 19 per cent of the national GDP, increasing focus is being directed towards support services and facilities for industrial activities. There has been a sharp rise in demand for specialised facilities to store sensitive products such as food and medicine in Dubai, said a statement.
“The logistics landscape of Dubai and the UAE in general continues to diversify amidst the growing scope and influence of the industrial sector. This requires tailored services and facilities that can meet demand while maintaining operational excellence,” said said Frank Courtney, chief executive for the EMEA region.
“Barloworld’s new warehouse aims to satisfy an important niche of logistics service while exceeding operational demands and setting an example in sustainability as well,” he said.
The environment-friendly 22,000 sq ft cold storage warehouse can maintain temperatures of between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius to carry a host of temperature and humidity-sensitive products such as food and pharmaceuticals, said the statement.
The inauguration was led by chairman Dumisa Ntsebeza and attended by senior officials and staff, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan