Egypt army denies blast near Suez Canal
Ismailia, Egypt, July 30, 2013
The Egyptian army said it had investigated reports of an explosion near the Suez Canal on Tuesday morning but found no evidence of one.
"They scanned the area, they found nothing," military spokesman Ahmed Ali told Reuters. Ali said shipping through the canal was operating normally.
Witnesses said earlier they heard an explosion around dawn near a residential area about one kilometre from the canal. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export