Qatar to launch maritime security conference
Doha, August 6, 2013
The Defense Services Marketing Council (DSMC) and Qatar National Security Shield (NSS) are set to launch the annual Qatar Maritime Security - Coastal and Border Surveillance Conference (QMARSEC).
The inaugural conference will take place at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Doha on October 7 and 8 under the "Achieving Maritime and Coastal Security through a Joint Concept of Operation" theme.
Mohammed A Al-Mannai, director, Qatar NSS project, said: "The QMARSEC 2013 is coming with a far more comprehensive, quality-led and value-driven program, featuring senior and key military and security officials from not only the Mena region, but also from the international arena."
The goal of the conference includes providing a fully integrated platform and exhibition for industry stakeholders, operations commanders, officers and military leaders to learn and discuss the most recent maritime security operations strategies via joint endeavours, said a statement.
It seeks to enhance and deepen inter-agency collaboration and cooperation by taking advantage of the most recent technology in surveillance security, it said.
DSMC chairman Mathew Cochran, said: "The QMARSEC event will create invaluable opportunities for maritime security and defence representatives across the globe. This is a first in a series of fully integrated exhibitions and conferences that will be held in Doha." - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects