Maritime conference to be held in Sharjah
Sharjah, August 13, 2013
The UAE’s growing influence as an import and export hub amid the regional maritime industry and its rising container traffic will be the focus of an event to be held in Sharjah in Novermber.
The Gulf Maritime 2013 exhibition and Mastech conference will take place at the Expo Centre Sharjah from November 25 to 27.
“The maritime industry is propelling the local economy to greater heights... the sustained growth of the sector has helped the country in improving its competitiveness and standing as a premier trade and logistics hub at the regional and international levels,” said Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, director-general, Expo Centre Sharjah.
Increasing trade activity has already manifested in the form of more shipping and container traffic, with Sharjah’s Gulftainer reporting a 24 per cent increase in trade volume in 2012 when compared with 2011, said a statement.
The Mastech naval architecture and shipbuilding conference will be held alongside Gulf Maritime 2013 on November 25 and 26.
Mastech has already received the confirmation of 12 papers on major topics like ship building and repair, marine engineering, naval architecture, offshore and oil and gas, with the final session set to focus on “Energy Efficiency” that will have vessel owners, equipment suppliers and other stakeholders on the panel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m