Genavco partners with Belgian group
Dubai, September 1, 2013
UAE-based General Navigation & Commerce Company (Genavco) said it has signed an agreement with Stow, a Belgium-based manufacturer of racking and shelving items, to launch its products in the emirates.
Stow is part of Averys Group, the world’s third largest manufacturer of racking and shelving products, which already enjoys an established presence in Asia, Europe, South America and Australia.
To begin with, Genavco will launch the Stow products at the 'Materials Handling Middle East 2013' expo which runs from September 10 to 12 in Dubai.
Genavco president Isam Abu Nabah said the deal is aimed at catering to the larger needs of the Dh350 million ($95.2 million) logistics and warehousing industry and it will help the company take on a 10 per cent share in the next three years.
“Through our partnership with Stow, we now have access to an extensive portfolio of racking and shelving products allowing us to offer more comprehensive storage and handling solutions to our customers. Catering to our clientele’s needs in the past has allowed us to grow as a trusted name in the field, and this development will further reinforce our stronghold on the market,” he added.
According to him, the Stow products will make their debut in the UAE at the region’s only exhibition for the materials handling industry offering direct access to the key target audience.
The key products being introduced are the Stow Atlas Pallet Shuttle System, the ISO9001 product serves to optimise storage capacity and the self-powered device facilitates the loading and unloading of pallets.
Asif S. Khan, the head of equipment business unit, Genavco, said: “Our participation in Materials Handling Middle East 2013 reinforces our aggressive business strategy for future growth by putting us into direct contact with consumers and decision makers to drive immediate sales of the products.”
Supporting the sales team in the UAE will be factory representatives from Stow, he added.
Christoph Mestdagh, the group sales director for Stow, said: “Through this new alliance we are able to enter the market on solid footing, through one of the leading suppliers of construction, industrial and materials handling equipment in the UAE. We are certain that the new agreement will be a fruitful one for both organisations and are extremely confident moving forward.”
As one of the leading suppliers of storage solutions, the Belgian group has extensive experience in manufacturing top-quality racking systems for the storage of palletised or small goods and longer items, as well as mezzanine structures, the official stated.
The company’s products are poised to complement Genavco’s range of materials handling equipment such as the Crown electric Forklift Trucks,Flexi Articulated Forklift Trucks and the Shantui Diesel Forklift Trucks, he added.
Founded in 1967 by Juma Al Majid, Genavco is one of the leading companies in the UAE for supplying road construction equipment, quarry and mining equipment, materials handling, commercial vehicles, lubricants and other industrial/construction equipment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event