Alba safety awareness drive a major success
Manama, September 12, 2013
Alba's commitment to promote greater safety awareness across the plant received a substantial boost with the 2013 Power HSE Week which concludes today.
The 2013 Power HSE Week was part of the Alba Power Station's initiative to have a dedicated week focused on safety related issues, and contribute towards further strengthening the safety culture in the company, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
Alba chief executive Tim Murray inaugurated the five-day event and was joined by the power station director, Amin Sultan.
Also present at the event were chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali, chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas, labour union chairman Ali Bin Ali, managers of various departments, power station operations and maintenance staff and employees.
The 2013 Power HSE Week provided a platform for non-management staff to share safety related experiences.
It provided opportunity to discuss ways to eliminate traffic violations through enhanced knowledge on traffic regulations as well as reduce any lapses in issuing and receiving permit for work forms.
The event also exposed employees to HSE policies and practices followed by other companies and looked at the safe use of protective gear while working.
Murray said the road to achieving a zero accident work environment requires continuous focus by all the people in Alba.
"As a way to further promote safety at the shop floor level, we have initiated a campaign for every operational area to develop their own 'mini-HSE week' using their own creative ideas," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai