YBA Kanoo names new group CEO
Manama, September 13, 2013
Top Bahraini conglomerate Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo said it has appointed Maurice Ghattas as the new group chief executive (CEO).
Ghattas will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of long-term business strategies and future expansion plans.
"We are careful in hiring the best professional and qualified cadres characterised by high efficiency and practical experience," chairman Mubarak Kanoo said.
"The appointment of Ghattas clearly confirms the company's commitment to develop and promote solutions not only in Bahrain but also throughout the Middle East," he added.
Ghattas has a wealth of experience in business development and management.
In the past, he has worked with multinationals such as United Techologies, Carrier, Knoll MFG, W R Grace as well as many prominent GCC family companies giving him a unique combination of skills and perspective in doing business in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week