Dubai Investments joins permanent expo
Dubai, September 15, 2013
Dubai Investments (DI), which owns about 40 subsidiaries and joint ventures, has joined the permanent part of the exhibition area of Dubai Exports, the export promotion agency of the Department of Economic Development (DED).
The exhibition space, located at the DED headquarters, showcases products and services of its member establishments in a centralised location, apart from hosting meetings with international companies.
DI also has access to the Dubai Exports Resource Centre, which houses trade data and latest industry reports, a statement said.
Dubai Investments is the largest investment company listed on Dubai Financial Market. DI’s companies encompass a diverse range of sectors including manufacturing of construction-related materials, food and related fast moving consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, industrial and commercial properties, real estate management and property development, marketing and sales, information technology solutions, driver education, district cooling, and financial investments.
As part of the new initiative, Dubai Exports is also promoting DI products and services through its network across the globe.
DI is also participating in a number of trade shows and exhibitions under the auspices of Dubai Exports to realise market opportunities and export capabilities. DI and its subsidiaries were part of the UAE Pavilion spearheaded by Dubai Exports at the KazBuild 2013, the leading construction trade exhibition in Almaty, Kazakhstan last week.
DI will also be part of the Dubai Exports umbrella at the BakuBuild 2013, the leading international exhibition for the construction industry to be held from October 23-26, 2013 at Baku, Azerbaijan, it said.
Abdulaziz Bin Yagub Al Serkal, general manager of Dubai Investments, said: “With its diversified products and services across various sectors, DI is perfectly positioned to cater to different industries and communities worldwide. Our association with Dubai Exports is aimed at building bridges with trade bodies and businesses across key economies globally.”
“Dubai Exports was set up with an objective to enable UAE and Dubai-based exporters to be present in strategic markets and be among the first to establish contacts with potential customers worldwide. We are happy to be working with top companies like Dubai Investments in opening up new trade channels across the globe,” said Engineer Sa’ad Al Awadi, chief executive officer of Dubai Exports. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures