Foster Wheeler, Borouge ink services deal
Zug, Switzerland, September 26, 2013
A unit of Swiss-based Foster Wheeler has signed a three-year framework agreement with Abu Dhabi Polymers Company (Borouge) for the provision of engineering and consultancy services in the UAE.
The terms of the agreement were not disclosed and bookings will be recorded as work is released by Borouge.
As one of the contractors supporting Borouge’s engineering projects, Foster Wheeler will execute studies and will provide front-end engineering design, engineering, project management and support services for capital projects and plant modifications.
“A key objective of Foster Wheeler is to establish closer, long-term relationships with our clients, providing a full range of services to support their businesses,” said Umberto della Sala, president and chief operating officer of Foster Wheeler.
“Long-term relationships also underpin our development of a sustainable operational presence in key markets in the Middle East, a strategically important region for Foster Wheeler.”
Foster Wheeler is a global engineering and construction company and power equipment supplier delivering technically advanced, reliable facilities and equipment.
The company’s Global Engineering and Construction Group, which signed the contract with Borouge, designs and constructs leading-edge processing facilities for the upstream oil and gas, LNG and gas-to-liquids, refining and chemicals, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export