Sunday 23 November 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Abu Dhabi paper mill plans output boost

Abu Dhabi, September 28, 2013

Abu Dhabi National Paper Mill (ADNPM) has placed a Dh200 million ($54.4 million) order with Metso, a global supplier of technology and services, to buy the UAE’s first PM3 NTT tissue manufacturing machine and the third in the world. 
 
A member of Abu Dhabi Industrial Projects Company, ADNPM announced this on the third day of Paper Arabia 2013, the Mena’s premier specialized event for the paper industry, held at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre 
 
The PM3 NTT machines will be a strategic addition to ADNPM's production line where the entire factory production is currently merely depending on Italian made machines, remarked Helmut Berger, the general manager.
 
It will help boost current production capacity of 63,000 to 90,000 tons of tissues per annum. ADNPM has already produced 45,000 tons of tissues in the first 9 months of 2013, he stated.
 
“45 per cent of our products go to the UAE, part of the 80 per cent that goes to the GCC region. The remaining 20 per cent are shipped to Australia, Africa, Europe and the rest of the world. We anticipate a one third of our production capacity to be produced by this machine by the second quarter of 2015, achieving an enormous increase of 30000 tons annually,” he added. 
 
ADNPM has ordered the first PM3 NTT tissue manufacturing machine to gain from the advantage of the NTT technology which is a completely new concept in tissue manufacturing using state-of-the-art and proven machine technology combined with the latest belt technology for paper machine clothing. 
 
With the flexibility of Metso’s Advantage NTT technology, local production of tissue now has the possibility of developing new products to meet the constantly changing needs of the market according to Berger.
 
“The compact NTT tissue machine sections impart the unique qualities on either plain or textured tissue and increase the speed and capacity of the production. This will help achieve better results in our major production line. This is a milestone for the local tissues production in the UAE,” he added. 
 
“We have carefully studied this strategic deal that will herald a whole new era to the local tissue industry. The tailored automation solutions in this machine will increase the life cycle performance and economy and will keep the production in peak condition,” said Berger on the sidelines of the expo.
 
Paper Arabia 2013 in its sixth edition attracted elite players from the paper, tissue and converting industry. 
 
It offered opportunities for manufactures and suppliers of finished products, equipment, machinery, paper chemicals, services, supplies of paper, tissue and converting sector to access the Mena markets.-TradeArabia News Service 
 



Tags: Abu Dhabi National Paper Mill |

More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads