Etihad, Singapore Airlines in cargo deal
Abu Dhabi, October 18, 2013
Etihad Cargo and Singapore Airlines Cargo have agreed to exchange confirmed cargo capacity on services operated by both airlines from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow and Frankfurt.
The agreement enables Etihad Cargo to offer capacity to Singapore Airlines Cargo on one of its weekly freighter services from Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt, in addition to access to its cargo network to the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.
Singapore Airlines Cargo will in turn offer cargo capacity on its freighter services to London Heathrow that are operated via Abu Dhabi.
Singapore Airlines Cargo launched a weekly Boeing 747-400 freighter service from Singapore to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi in June this year. A second freighter service on the same routing is planned to commence on October 31.
David Kerr, Etihad Airways Vice President Cargo, said: “This year we have strengthened our cargo operations by expanding the freighter fleet, launching new destinations, increasing frequencies, and by working with partner carriers such as Singapore Airlines Cargo. We look forward to working with Singapore Airlines Cargo to further enhance cargo access and network connectivity for our respective customers.”
Tan Tiow Kor, senior vice president, sales and marketing at Singapore Airlines Cargo, said: “We are very pleased with this capacity exchange with Etihad Cargo. It will offer customers of both airlines more choice of flights to ship their cargo and improve access to the Middle East, Africa, Central Asia and Germany. We look forward to further strengthening our relationship with Etihad Cargo.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi