Yansab Q3 profit doubles on higher output
Dubai, October 22, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Yanbu National Petrochemical Co reported a doubling of its third-quarter net profit on Tuesday, attributing the rise to increased production and sales as well as higher prices for its products.
Yansab made 864.8 million riyals ($230.6 million) in the three-month period to September 30, it said in a bourse filing, up from 435.7 million riyals during the same timeframe in 2012.
The profit was ahead of the average forecast of eight analysts polled by Reuters, who expected the petrochemicals firm to make 749.6 million riyals in the period.
The company is a unit of Saudi Basic Industries Corp , one of the world's largest petrochemical companies. Sabic has yet to report its third-quarter earnings.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export