Hempel launches new range of coatings
, October 30, 2013
Hempel, a leading coatings supplier, has launched its Versiline Vinyl Ester coatings for anti-corrosive protection and temperature, chemical and abrasion resistance, on the global market.
It has been specifically designed for aggressive industrial environments found in many process industries and is already widely used in the US.
Versiline is a range of tailor-made speciality solutions for highly challenging applications – such as chemical tanks, stack linings and absorbers, said a statement.
The range was initially developed by US company Blome, a company Hempel acquired in 2012. It includes five coatings that can be combined in various systems depending on the requirements of each application.
“In some environments and applications, vinyl ester is the only technology that can do the job,” said Oliver Rye, project manager in Hempel’s Protective Segment.
“Versiline Vinyl Ester coatings have been used in the US by many tank operators, and oil and gas and power generation companies for over 40 years. They have a good track record and have proven to reduce downtime and extend the service life of industrial equipment in harsh environments,” he said.
Hempel plans to add new coatings and innovative solutions to the global Versiline range in the near future, said Dimitris Likouressis, protective business director.
“We will soon be launching new solutions as part of the Versiline range for highly challenging applications where heavy-duty performance is critical for both structural integrity and production uptime," he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit