Mondelez marks anniversary
Dubai, October 30, 2013
Mondelez International, a leading maker of chocolate, biscuits and powdered beverages, is marking its first anniversary as a new company with month-long festivities and volunteer activities for more than 200 employees in Dubai.
They join around 110,000 employees celebrating around the world. Kraft Foods was split into two a year ago, including Mondelez International, which is a global snacking power house.
Its portfolio includes ‘power brands’ such as Oreo, Cadbury and Tang.
Throughout the month, employees are taking the time to give back to their communities by partnering with leading global and local non-profit organisations, such as Save the Children, and Inmed Partnerships for Children.
Over 100 employees from across the UAE took part in a ‘Walk for Education,’ a walk in Dubai’s Safa Park in solidarity with children with limited or no access to quality primary education. The 1 km walk was a symbol of the average distance millions of children around the world have to walk to get to school. At the end of the walk, employees donated books for a planned library at a school in Sharjah.
Other activites include planting school vegetable gardens in Egypt, running nutrition workshops in the US, packing food parcels for needy families in Japan and hosting a company walkathon for education in Dubai.
Vishal Tikku, area manager, Middle East and Africa, said: “Our employees are central to our success, and it’s their commitment and innovative ideas that have contributed to us reaching this significant milestone. Here in the UAE and the wider Middle East, we have played an important role in the company’s first year with a number of achievements.
“This includes the celebration of our fifth anniversary at our Kraft cheese and Tang powered-beverage factory in Bahrain, the choice of Dubai as our head office in the Middle East and Africa, and our partnership with the Olayan Group and Khalifa Algosaibi Group to launch a distribution joint venture in Saudi Arabia.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event