Ducab showcases key products at Adipec
Abu Dhabi, November 11, 2013
Ducab, a leading manufacturer of power cables and wires in the Middle East, unveiled its new range of rubber cables at the ongoing Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (Adipec).
Ducab had produced these cables at its new facility in Musaffah, Abu Dhabi, said a top official on the sidelines of the expo.
“Ducab looks forward to becoming the first manufacturer of rubber cables in the Middle East region, as the company seeks to meet demand for special cabling from the region's push for industrialisation,” remarked Andrew Shaw, the managing director.
“With this new range, Ducab becomes the first supplier in the Middle East region to produce rubber cabling for the offshore market. It is intended that Ducab will expand into new global markets for the export of its high-quality cabling products of various types,” he added.
Colin McKay, the GM (Sales & Marketing) pointed out that Ducab’s range of rubber cables are designed to provide exceptional flexibility in terms of usage.
"Cabling insulated with rubber has the ability to withstand extreme heat, a variety of corrosive chemicals, exposure to oil, extreme acid and alkaline environments, very high and low temperatures – with rubber cabling having a maximum conductor operating temperature of 200 degrees Celsius – and other extreme and heavy-duty demands," he explained.
“This makes Ducab’s new range of cables ideal for usage in a variety of industrial sectors such as railways, shipbuilding, oil and gas, offshore and mining projects, submersible water pump systems, wind turbines and solar plants,” explained McKay.
He said Ducab had a history of supplying major projects in the OGP sector with a variety of high-tech products, with previous partnerships including Hyundai Engineering and Construction through the KOC Pipeline Project, Samsung Engineering through Carbon Black Project in Abu Dhabi, and other OGP projects and international companies.
Marketing Manager Ashish Chaturvedy said Ducab is fundamentally related to cable manufacturing history right back to the 1880’s.
"It is worthwhile to mention that the rubber cabling range of products were first used for signalling as far back as the 1860’s, so there is in fact a rich industrial history related to rubber cabling," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show