Qatar firm unveils video fire detector system
Doha, November 12, 2013
Qatar Distribution Company (QDIST), one of the largest technology distribution companies in the country, has launched its unique video fire detector system at the ongoing Doha Civil Defense Exhibition and Conference.
A platform for companies to showcase and evaluate a wide-range of fire safety issues, the three-day civil defence expo kicked off on Monday in Doha.
The award-winning fire alarm system VFDS utilizes video image detection technology to detect flame and smoke at any time of the day, providing faster real-time visual verification of a fire alarm and immediate assessment of its level of seriousness, said a statement from QDIST.
VFDS delivers superior performance compared to conventional flame and smoke detection devices because of its ability for faster early stage detection in large areas. This can provide immediate and remote verification, and addresses the need for regular inspection and maintenance.
Moreover, VFDS eliminates the need for intensive, costly initial installation, as it is easy to install and configure. QDIST will be the exclusive distributor of the VFDS in Qatar, it stated.
Mohamed Fayek, the distribution business manager said: "VFDS is a superior solution compared to conventional devices given its faster and broader fire detection capabilities, using the most advanced VID technology."
"We launched this groundbreaking solution at the Doha conference to mark a new era in the use of fire detection systems in Qatar. Being the country's exclusive distributor of the VFDS reaffirms our position as a leading technology innovator in the local and regional markets," he added.
VFDS was awarded ‘Product of Outstanding Innovation’ by SecuTech in 2008. It consists of video-based analytical algorithms that allow integration between analog cameras and advanced servers to create a complete flame and smoke detection system.
VFDS also incorporates an automatic messaging functionality, sending up to 10 SMS and an unlimited number of emails as soon as it detects a fire.
In addition to this, QDIST also provides fiber optics as well as cabling solutions for fire alarms and for networks, while the firm’s portfolio of Active Component solutions, on the other hand, includes switches, routers and wireless devices through a partnership with Netgear and Avaya.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers