UASC wins big at Seatrade Awards
Dubai, November 19, 2013
United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) scooped three of the industry’s highest awards last night (November 18) at the 10th Anniversary Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards in Dubai.
Ship Owner Owner/Operator Awards; Shipping Company of the Year and Deal of the Year were all awarded to UASC who joined more than 800 of the who’s who of the region’s maritime and shipping industry at Atlantis, The Palm.
Known as the ‘Oscars’ of the maritime world, 29 awards were given to individuals, organisations and companies who were honoured from across the region during the glittering awards dinner which also saw a keynote address from guest of honour for the evening, Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, chairman, DP World.
Chris Hayman, chairman of Seatrade, organisers of the event said: “The companies that were both shortlisted for the awards and those that were winners have shown exemplary levels of achievement, in areas such as technical and operational innovation, commitment to safety and quality, social and environmental responsibility, business acumen and development of human resources. Seatrade salutes them all.”
The evening also featured six special awards presented to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the industry in the region and have dominated the headlines.
This included the Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award which was presented to Abdulaziz Al-Tuwaijri, president, Saudi Ports Authority.
The date of next year’s Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards has been announced as October 27, 2014. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai