350 delegates to discuss district cooling
Doha, November 20, 2013
More than 350 participants will discuss and exchange information on district cooling to be held in Doha from November 26.
The three-day fifth Annual Middle East District Cooling Summit will be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. It is being organised by Fleming Gulf.
The participants will comprise high ranking company officials and technology experts from across 20 countries, said a statement.
The key highlight of the event will be a ‘CEO and District Cooling Leaders Panel,’ under the theme ‘Smart Leaders – What’s the strategy?’ The panel will discuss about subsidising energy for efficient district cooling, feasibility of combined power, fresh water, and cool tri-generation in the GCC, the current status of district cooling in Qatar and how it is viewed from a developer, utility and end-user perspective, and the development of a sustainable action plan.
There will be a joint presentation by ADC Energy Systems and Dalkia Utilities (Middle East) on ‘The successful execution of District Cooling Projects: Saadiyat Island case study’.
The event will also feature two exclusive workshops and a site visit to be organized by Qatar Cool.
“Owing to the importance that this summit presents to ongoing discussions and implementation of sustainable infrastructure development within the region and across the world, it is such a welcome occurrence that more and more companies are supporting and participating at this year’s edition,” said Jason Mendonca, senior conference producer. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai