Topaz clinches $100m BP contracts
Dubai, November 25, 2013
Topaz Energy and Marine, a leading offshore support vessel company with primary operations in the Middle East and Caspian, has won two contracts worth $100 million from BP for supply of additional vessels in Azerbaijan’s largest oil and gas fields.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Oman-based Renaissance Services, Topaz operates a fleet of more than 90 offshore support vessels from its headquarters in Dubai.
Topaz said it as acquired two European built Platform Supply Vessels (PSVs) to serve the contracts which stretch over five years, including options.
The boats will be deployed in the fourth quarter of 2013 and the second quarter of 2014 in support of BP’s operations in the Azerbaijan offshore fields of ACG and Shah Deniz 2 performing supply duties.
Commenting on the win, CEO René Kofod-Olsen said: “These contract awards for additional vessels in Azerbaijan reflect BP’s commitment to our long-term working relationship in the growing Caspian market and their confidence in the reliability, quality and capability of our vessels and our seafarers.”
The vessels are a 3,300 deadweight tonne PSV and a 4,000 deadweight tonne PSV, both modern, high-spec boats equipped with dynamic positioning level 2. The addition of the boats will bring Topaz’s fleet size in the Azeri waters of the Caspian to a total of 26 vessels.
Topaz has been operating in the Caspian since its acquisition of BUE Marine in 2005 and has unrivalled experience of operating offshore support vessels for some of the world’s leading energy companies in the Caspian Sea.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures