Dubai mulls sale of German packager Mauser
Frankfurt/Dubai, November 25, 2013
The private equity arm of Dubai Holding, which is owned by the emirate's ruler, is considering the sale of German packaging group Mauser, three sources aware of the matter said.
The deal is seen fetching between 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) and 1.5 billion for the debt-laden firm, they added.
The private equity unit, Dubai International Capital (DIC), is planning to launch a formal sale process for Mauser by January 2014, two of the banking sources said, requesting anonymity as the sale plan is not public.
A third source said formal bids for the business were likely in the first quarter of 2014.
The sale is mainly seen attracting large private equity players, with few of them trying to pre-empt a formal process and seeking exclusive negotiations, though DIC is keen to engage in a competitive process for the asset, one of the sources said.
Reuters could not immediately reach DIC Chief Executive David Smoot for comment. Mauser was not available for comment.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is assisting DIC in the sale, the three sources said. The U.S. bank declined to comment. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu