Alba supports major energy summit
Manama, December 8, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has registered for the Platinum Sponsorship of BD 7,500 ($19,800) for an upcoming energy management conference in the kingdom.
Under the patronage of Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, Minister of Finance, Minister in charge of Oil & Gas Affairs, Bahrain, the first Energy Management Conference & Exhibition will be held from December 9 to 11 at the Gulf Hotel.
Alba’s chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali along with director, Power & Utilities Amin Sultan, acting director for Administration, Abdul Rahman Janahi and acting manager for Human Resources & Public Relations Hamad Alshaibeh presented the cheque to event organisers Bahrain Society of Engineers’ president, Abdulmajeed Al Qassab and events manager Jameel Al Alawi.
The conference will focus on energy management, potential of renewable energy in the Arab World, energy policies, energy efficiency programmes in sustainable development, sustainable energy strategies, etc.
“The first Energy Management Conference & Exhibition 2013 is a significant step towards sustainability and prosperity of Bahrain,” said Tim Murray, Alba’s chief executive officer.
“Alba is committed towards developing cleaner technology, investing in greener initiatives and spreading environmental awareness as they are necessary for achieving sustainable development. We are proud to be at the forefront of promoting initiatives that offer viable alternatives for businesses to thrive, in turn bolstering the economy and prosperity of the country.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai