Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
Muscat, December 11, 2013
State-run Oman Oil Company said one of its subsidiaries, Takamul Investment Company, has signed a joint venture agreement with US-headquartered Air Products, a global hydrogen provider, to establish an integrated industrial gases venture in the Sultanate.
The joint venture will become a one-stop provider for a full range of industrial gases such as hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen for all customers in the Special Economic Zone at Duqm (Sezad), Oman.
The venture will support the economic development of the Special Economic Zone at Duqm and will enhance its competitiveness to attract further industrial investments.
It will also aim to deliver the highest operational excellence by leveraging Air Products' world-class capabilities in large industrial gas plant design, pipeline infrastructure development and operational know-how, as well as Takamul's strong multi-utility infrastructure position in Duqm, via its Centralised Utility Company (CUC).
Thomas Wendahl, regional vice president of Air Products - Middle East, said: "This new joint venture will truly be of mutual benefit. It will help to strengthen Air Products' presence in Oman, enabling the growth of our business in the emerging industrial area of Duqm, while complementing Takamul's investment portfolio in Oman with the addition of a commercial stake in industrial gases."
Hilal Al Kharusi, chairman of Takamul, said: "Following a thorough and extensive evaluation process to select Air Products as one of our strategic partners, I am delighted to be announcing our agreement today.”
“There is a lot we can learn and benefit from partnering with international companies such as Air Products as we drive to bring reliable, high quality, centralized utilities to the Sezad.
“With Air Products' proven track record in Oman and the Middle East, we will be working with them to provide innovative solutions for large scale industrial gases that will enable our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable."
Strategically located along the Gulf of Oman with a long coastline running along the Arabian Sea, Duqm has been targeted for development as a major maritime gateway for trade in crude oil from the Gulf, and as an important industrial and commercial hub.
Air Products has had a presence in the Middle East for more than 50 years, with offices in Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit