Top India chemical firm sets up UAE base
Dubai, December 23, 2013
Dorf Ketal, a leading research based speciality chemicals company in India, has opened a new office and chemical warehousing facility in Fujairah, UAE.
The facility was inaugurated by Sharief Habib Al Awadhi - director general (CEO) Fujairah Free Zone Authority.
Dorf Ketal is one of the largest manufacturers of formulation based specialty chemicals used in the refining, petrochemicals and allied industries.
Being the second such establishment to be set up by Dorf Ketal in the region after Bahrain, the aim of the facility is to enhance the coordination and promotion of its business activities in the Gulf region, provide better assistance for the performance of current programmes and respond effectively to the growing needs of its customers, said Sudhir Menon, chairman, Dorf Ketal Chemicals.
"The new office and warehouse in the UAE will enhance our sales and service offerings in the region; our local team will ensure that we provide world class service and support to our regional customers,” Menon said.
“The Middle East has been a strategic focus area for Dorf Ketal and we shall continue to invest in the region; the Fujairah facility is an important step to bring us closer to our strategic customer base in the region."
Opening a new office and warehouse in the UAE enables Dorf Ketal to support its large regional customer base, which includes companies like the Adnoc Group of Companies, VTTI Fujairah, Bapco, KNPC, Oripic, Saudi Aramco and Sabic group of Companies, by providing them with faster access to their chemical needs in a shorter time frame.
Siavash Alishahpour, managing director, VTTI Fujairah, said: “Dorf Ketal is known to our company as a technology provider in the field of Process Chemicals for Hydrocarbon Processing Industries.
“This is the right step in the right direction for Dorf Ketal to establish its local company in the UAE. Dorf Ketal’s presence in the UAE will further enhance their capabilities in the region. They are strategically located and this will make it even easier and convenient for Dorf Ketal’s customers to avail Dorf Ketal products and services.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures