Yokogawa gets ISASecure certification
Tokyo, January 21, 2014
Yokogawa Electric Corporation said its ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system has obtained the ISASecure Embedded Device Security Assurance (EDSA) certification.
The ISASecure programme has been developed by the ISA Security Compliance Institute (ISCI) with the goal of accelerating the industry-wide improvement of cyber security for industrial automation and control systems (IACS).
It seeks to achieve this goal by offering a common industry-recognised set of device and process requirements that drive device security, simplifying procurement for asset owners and device assurance for equipment vendors.
Its three elements include communication robustness testing (CRT), functional security assessment (FSA), and software development security assessment (SDSA), and is based on the IEC 62443-4 standard.
Cyber crime and cyber warfare are on the rise globally and companies in the oil, petrochemical, power, and other industries are increasingly vigilant about such intrusions, and are being careful to check a product’s cyber security features before purchasing it.
Yokogawa has obtained the ISASecure EDSA certification for the ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system to assure customers of its high reliability, said a senior executive.
Nobuaki Konishi, vice president of the Systems Business Division in Yokogawa’s Industrial Automation Platform Business Headquarters, said: “Yokogawa is continually striving to provide its customers optimum security solutions for their control systems by such means as developing highly secure systems and instruments and providing operational support services." - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures