Alba department marks safety week
Manama, January 22, 2014
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has launched the health, safety and environment (HSE) week for its administration employees across all departments at Alba.
Under the theme "Together, We Build a Safe Culture", it encompassed administration employees across all departments at Alba. The HSE Event will run till January 23.
The HSE event will feature presentations, films and discussions highlighting administration safety issues as well as conduct safety drills, inspection walks and HSE quiz competitions for employees.
The event was inaugurated by Alba chief executive Tim Murray along with chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas, chief financial officer Ali Al Baqali, Alba Labour Union chairman Ali Al Binali, acting director for administration Abdul Rahman Janahi and attended by various other department managers as well as employees.
"Safety is, and continues to remain Alba's topmost priority," remarked Janahi
"The HSE Week is one of the most effective ways to strengthen the culture of safety at and off work. It aims to promote safety by making individuals as well as teams work together and take responsibility for safety," he added.
Alba maintains safety awareness campaigns throughout the year, and this is accomplished through weekly safety hours, safety talk before each shift, the annual HSE Week for all departments, and the individual department-led HSE Week, which specifically focuses on safety issues related to the departments.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification