Alba launches health, safety week
Manama, January 27, 2014
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said it has strengthened its focus on safety with the official launch of the plant-wide Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Week.
Organised in cooperation with the Alba Labour Union, the HSE event’s theme -“Elevating Safety to Lightspeed” - is meant to symbolise Alba moving to the next level on health, safety and environment, said a statement from the company.
The event was inaugurated by CEO Tim Murray along with chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari, the chief marketing officer, Jean Baptiste Lucas and chairman of Alba Labour Union, Ali Al Binali.
Also present at the event was the chairman of the Executive Council of the Bahrain Free Labour Union Federation (Al Hurr)Yaqoob Yousif along with other senior officials.
A highlight of the opening ceremony of the HSE Week was the national anthem of Bahrain played by the band representing the Ministry of Interiors and a film on safety made by Alba employees.
Commenting on the initiative, Murray said: “Over the past year Alba has made significant progress in safety awareness among our employees. The theme of the plant-wide HSE Week - Elevating Safety to Lightspeed-- challenges all people in Alba to raise the bar on the ownership of safety to achieve our objective of a ZERO accident work environment.”
Ali Al Binali said safety was a collaborative effort and its success depends upon the cooperation of everyone working at the plant.
"We want every employee to take personal ownership of safety in order to strengthen Alba’s reputation as a safe work environment,” he stated.
The HSE Week has lined-up exciting activities and programmes to engage and involve employees, which include lectures, plant tours, executive visits, competitions, quiz shows and Road Safety campaign amongst others.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures